Sunday 3 May 2009

Silence! Exam!


Had my Conference exam yesterday and I think it went ok? We had to provide a Conference Plan showing the areas of questioning, advice on plea, venue and sentence, and also a legal analysis. I took my provider's words as gospel and kept the legal analysis short and sweet, but it seems that I was in the minority and everyone did about 10 pages more than me. Oh dear, I think I might have boobed.



I was pleased that I managed to keep my nerves under control during the above exam, that was until today, when they emerged at large and uninvited during Advocacy. I stood at the lectern, opened my mouth and nothing came out (that got the tutor's attention good and proper). By the third attempt "may it please you honour" emerged tiny and quivering and pretty much set the scene for the remainder of my submission. My memory had gone too, couldn't remember who, where, what or why, so I limped my inadequate way through the application, wishing for the ground to open up - it didn't and the whole 12 minutes was pretty painful. Oh well, I have a month until the Advocacy exam to get myself sorted. I blame it on the Olpasiforma Nervosa, must've had a relapse.

1 comment:

Minx said...

AWW Maid!

I am sURE that you have done wonderfully well with respect to conferencing. Ten pages of analysis is all very WELL, but who is to say that what is written therein is of any quality other than the assessors, who will probably loose patience with excessive verbiage - and besides, the written bit doesnt count for THAT much, so I wouldnt trouble yourself.
As to Advocacy - well, you KNOW you're good at it, so your most recent experience is just a glitch.
Olpasiformia Nervosa is not something you get over easily, you know; it can last a legnth of time - a month, perhaps two or even three, so be gentle on yourself!! :)