Monday 16 January 2012

Hello, it's only me

Sorry to bother you and all that, but I thought it time to have a few words about things.

Having found myself in the doldrums last year, for reasons last blogged about, I think it's about time to pull my socks up (not least because it's too bleedin' cold to shave my legs and they look blue and hairy) and to get on with being my usual stupid self.

The touchy subject of pupillage has been on my mind of late, although I haven't looked at Monsier Olpas for months - I doubt he's missed me. So, I shall have to yet again try to make myself interesting AND appealing to chambers. Having thought long and hard about this, I've carefully prepared a strategy that is sure to wow em, or at least make go 'ooh'.

I'm not one for being furtive and sly (well that's me *ucked at the Bar:-)), so I thought I'd share my 4 golden rules for grasping the Golden Snitch:

  1. Lie about my age,
  2. Lie about my gender,
  3. Lie about my statistics (in a non 'vital', but a uni 'where you went' sort of way),
  4. Resume The Walk. I can't for the life of me remember why I stopped in the first place. Personally I always hum Blues Bros. 'Soul Man' when walking the walk, but do feel free to adapt Rule 4 to your own personal taste.
Just in case you're not aware (*tut* and shame on you), here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnaSRhMB_qo

Whadya reckon? I'm really optimistic:-)

ttfn.

13 comments:

Michael said...

Great to see you're still with us, BM.

And, yes, your strategy sounds like a good-un. :-)

white rabbit said...

Blues Brothers definitely come into the 'totally wonderful' category..

For some reason 'walk the walk' has me thinking of Donald Sutherland in 'The Dirty Dozen' pretending to be a general and inspecting the troops...

'They're pretty but can they fight?'

He was assured they could.

Think I lie down now...

wv: rulingl

Barmaid said...

Oh yes, I'm still here Michael - albeit freezing in this horrid February weather.

Glad you're liking the struttin' tune WR - it's my secret weapon.

Mortons said...

Best advice I ever was given was

Fake it, until you make it.
Appearance is air apparant.

simply wondered said...

Minxy has gone... whatsup???

Hope all well with you.

Business solicitors said...

Fantastic name for the site, very witty. As a lawyer, you shouldn't lie, but some cynics may say that most do. Many seem to think that lies are not proper lies on cv's either these days, moral decline wethinks.

Bar Advice said...

Many people start from no where. Its what you make of it.

mis sold ppi said...

Your site is very nice and has good content. I am impressed with your site as it is helping people in taking their financial decision.So, I would like to send an article for a guest post in your site.

ppi claim said...

thanks for post informative information,

farmland funds said...

Great stuff!

mis sold ppi said...

Its good to be here, very nice post, the content is amazing, keep posting friend it will be very helpful for everyone, Thanks for sharing. I really liked it.
Thanks And Regards

Anonymous said...

Hey fantastic blog! Current full time MMU student... Wish I had come across this sooner. I have read some of the posts... Do you think its worth the £££ in the end or if you could go back in time would you change anything?

How has the BPTC been seen by other jobs/non legal work by potential employees in your experience?

In your view do you think the BPTC adds value to your CV in other non legal related fields? I ask this because it is inevitable that most students will have to look into other fields after having not gained pupillage....

Kind regards

emma swan jacket said...






Emma Swan leather jacket taken from the TV series “Once Upon A Time” worn by Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
available here,buy this superb quality Leather Jacket Jacket with worldwide shipping