Monday 17 November 2008

Is it just me or...?

Quite straightforward really.

Bought a nice, new garden gate off ebay and today had the simple task of arranging collection and delivery of gate. I filled in the collection and delivery addresses on the courier website, gave the dimensions and weight of the gate, clicked the calculate costs button and was promptly put through to a dogging website. Tried again, same thing. Rang the courier and told the chap what had happened, he said "no, no, no, it's not dogging, it's the web designers logo, got dog in the title". "Okay", says me, "what about the hot steamy, women on women videos hyperlink?" "Oh", he says, "Oh indeed" says I, "all I wanted was a price for delivering my garden gate!"

p.s. Bloggers, what shall I do when the gate arrives, act normal, or run outside in my dirty mac and shine my torch through the delivery van window?

10 comments:

Swiss Tony said...

BM, send me the site address and I will look into it for you!

How do you manage to find time to go cruising on flaebay? Me thinks BPP are slacking

Swizz

Barmaid said...

I don't have time really, but I'm so poor these days that I need to do a bit of bargain hunting.

barboy said...

Forever the gent, hey, Swiss.

Barmaid said...

Don't expect a reply from Swizz today BB, I've sent him the link to the courier website :-)

Minx said...

Maid, I am confused - did you order a gate that said 'Beware of the Dog', or some such?!?!

Barmaid said...

There you see Minxy, not only your stuff that gets hijacked, happens to humble courier companies websites too.

I suppose we shy, fair, blogging maidens should just be pleased we didn't get 'humping henrietta' or 'rogering reliant robin' when innocently clicking on the hijacked Lawminx blog

Swiss Tony said...

BM, Its OK, I checked and I am not on there.

I think I could just make out BB through the steamed up windows, but can't be certain.

I did notice however that at the end of the proceedings, they said 'If I may be of any further use my lord?'

It just has to be him.

Swizz

barboy said...

Swiss, if, my learned friend, that's the end of your submission, I shall return to the hot nurse on nurse action.

Workaholic said...

Haha! Hilarious!

Liking your blog! Best of luck on the bar course xxxx

Minx said...

Hiya Maid,

I hadnt thought of possible yuksome links to my hijacked blog! I am now officially paranoid!!!


My Dear BB
EEEEEEE!!!!! I am attempting to bring up my latest cohort of Angelic Treasures with professional decorum - please dont start giving them Ideas about appearing in the News od the World, some of them may actually be tempted!!!!