Wednesday 17 December 2008

In my humble opinion

I have my hand in exercise for Opinion Writing to complete and it's turning out to be a long winded task. I'm stuck in liability, have yet to contemplate quantum and any sort of meaningful conclusion seems miles away. Negligence isn't my favourite subject and I'll be glad to get it out of the way and move onto something a little more interesting. I've sat on the fence so much with regards to who is liable that I've got splinter nonsitdownius.



Bar-Os is still on holiday and has decided that he will inject a little excitement into my life by:
a) shouting loudly each morning if I'm one minute late in taking him his breakfast.
b) spinning around in the stable once breakfast is over until I go back out to him and lead him out to the field.
c) refusing to stand still whilst his turnout rug (horse anorak) is put on.
d) refusing to stand still whilst I try to groom him, unless it's his legs or 'armpits' because he likes those bits doing.
e) kicking his food all over the stable because the carrots are too big and get in the way of the 'hard stuff' ie. the cereal mix.
f) lurking in the furthest parts of the field and pretending he's deaf when I go to collect him.
g) generally behaving like a spoilt brat, which of course is exactly what he is!


He will have a rude awakening in the New Year when he will be back in work. Something tells me that I also will have a rude awakening the first time my bum hits the saddle:-)

2 comments:

Swiss Tony said...

BM, I must admit to being slightly confused as to just who Bar Os was.

At first, I thought it was your husband. Shouting for breakfast etc, clinched it for me.

Then I thought it must be the kids, won't stand still while you try putting the anoraks on.

The 'enjoying having its armpit brushed' confused me.

Was it a rabbit, throwing carrots about?

Copping a deaf un at the far side of the field makes it a definite male contender. Although my dog does that and she is a she.

As for you bum hitting the saddle, I hope that you are referring to a horse.

A good friend of mine said that opinions are like arseholes. We all have one. I know he didn't mean a proper 'legal opinion', but mine looks like an arsehole anyway.

Barmaid said...

Ooh, you mean your better half doesn't brush your legs and armpits for you each morning? That's weird!!! You'll be telling me next that you don't even need help putting on your anorak.
Can't say I blame Bar-Os really it's a 'Fal-Pro' 'anorak' and they are usually really expensive, but I bought this one in a sale and it's pink tartan - poor lad:-)

No doubt 'arsehole' will spring to tutor's mind when marking my opinion:-)