Thursday 19 November 2009

Another study weekend over

The study weekend was a mixed bag of highs and lows. The mock opinion that caused me much pain was handed in, but the results of my efforts won't be known until January.

Thankfully my Advocacy was much improved this month, which is just as well seeing as I have 2 mock exams in the subject next month. Criminal Litigation and Civil Litigation were both a struggle this month, so much so that I have doubts over passing the exam in January. I did well in Negotiation, but feel far from comfortable with the subject, it just doesn't feel right somehow.

Sadly, Bar-Os has been very poorly and I had to have the vet out to him on Tuesday. A few weeks ago he was attacked by insects in the paddock and was covered in lumps and bumps when I went to bring him home for the evening. Usually insect bites clear up in a day or two, but these have lingered and he has suffered a secondary infection. Poor lad had virtually stopped eating and drinking over the space of a few days and he had to have a steroid jab to perk him up and get him peeing again. I was well impressed with the boost that the jab gave him, so much so, that I intend to break into the vets come exam time and have a little dabble myself:-) Mind you, I hope that the side effect of rapid and loud farting equates only to equines, otherwise the advocacy examiner in in for a treat come the cross-examination assessment!

I've had a few days off this week to catch on some bits and bobs and don't intend to start studying for a day or two. With a load of exams lined up in the wings, I thought that I'd better re-charge my batteries before knuckling down to what looks to be an intensive 2 - 3 months.

ttfn



8 comments:

simply wondered said...

reat stuff on the course - i think it must be hard to keep up the enthusiasm for 2 years. i flagged a bit by the end of 1 when it became clear that i could only get a vc whatever i did.
think of me, i start work on monday for the vast machine that is lpc.

simply wondered said...

if not 'Great stuff'; obviously!

Barmaid said...

Good luck SW - perhaps all of those interim applications that you did for advocacy will come in handy after all? What you need is a case involving a salt sculpture, or perhaps a WAG with a gripe against her wedding planner:-)

barboy said...

Maid, I sense SW is all a swoon with your girly charms. He has treated you to a capital letter.

Good luck with the new job SW.

Barmaid said...

BB - nope, no capital letters as of yet, but I live in hope:-)

barboy said...

Maid, I definitely spot a capital G @ 2. It could become a collector's item.

Barmaid said...

SW, capital G's fetch good money on ebay don't yer know, wonder if he'll be so kind a to provide a Certificate of Authenticity, or should that be a certificate of authenticity? :-)

simply wondered said...

typo


thanks for good wishes; we shall see what it brings.