Monday 30 November 2009

hand written stuff n nonsense

In preparation for my Negotiation exam, I have set about preparing a hand written Negotiation plan.

The real thing, the exam that is, allows 2 hours for reading of the case papers and preparation of a hand written Negotiation plan. Well, I started at 11 this morning and am still going strong on my practice run, so it looks as though I'll have to speed things up a tad for the real thing! Hopefully the real thing won't be as complicated as the case that I'm trying to prepare at the moment, but I'm not taking any bets on it.

The Civil/Crim MCT is playing on my mind quite a bit, but I haven't had time to start doing any revision. Last year's MCT wasn't too bad, but this year's looks to be more difficult; hearsay, youth sentencing, bad character evidence and worst of all, Part 36 payments - they're all a mystery to me, so let's hope that eenie, meenie, miney, moe will work this time:-)

Bar-Os seems to be on the mend and had a serious attempt to pitch me out of the saddle yesterday, much to Barman's amusement. And there was me thinking that the both of them were gentlemen:-)

Oh well, back to page 11 of my 10 page plan!


9 comments:

Swiss Tony said...

11 pages? Crikey Moses. I find that writing mine out by hand, in the best red crayon I can find, only takes half a page.

Have you been taught the CofL method of negotiation? If its not going your way, just burst into tears. Works a treat. The alternative approach is to stamp your foot and threaten to scream. Haven't tried that approach yet, but assessments loom and I might just take a risk.

Glad the old nag is feeling better. I will have to think of something different for Xmas dinner instead of cheval.

Swiss

Barmaid said...

Well Swizz, I do write big and at a slant, so all in all I probably did about 4 proper pages:-)

And as for the Old Nag feeling better, I haven't been ill? ;-)

Swiss Tony said...

BM, oh yeah, and I bet next you will be saying that you can do joined up writing too.

That BPP place will be the making of you. And not before time.

I still get confused with alphabeti-spaghetti

Swizz

Michael said...

Good luck with the plan, BM. Certainly sounds like you've got your work cut out. Also glad to hear that Bar-Os is on the mend! :-)

Barmaid said...

No joined up writing yet Swizzle, but I kan now tell the differenke between kicking k and curly c:-)

Plan is complete Michael, not sure tutor will be able to read it though! Have you had your results for your LLM yet?

Michael said...

Yeah, got them a couple of weeks ago... managed to scrape a distinction luckily!

Barmaid said...

Well done, big sigh of relief for you then!

Michael said...

Thanks... yeah I guess so! The whole dissertation episode was such a protracted (and at times, depressing) affair that my LLM ended as a bit of a damp squip. Plus, I landed this job before I'd even submitted my dissertation so it kind of seemed a bit needless in the end.

The bulk of the course was a great experience though!

Barmaid said...

I think that there is always a sense of anti-climax when finishing exams. After the initial relief, it all just feels a bit flat.