Saturday 19 December 2009

Barmaid's had a facelift!

No, not one of those facelifts, I haven't got any wrinkles *cough*.

Thankyou to Android, who has made a very good job indeed of pimping my blog.

The red shoes, alas, are but a fantasy for Barmaid, who would need industrial scaffolding on wheels in order to get from A - B in them, but a girl can always dream.

I've absolutely no idea why Andro put chocolates on my blog, I only ever eat fruit and wholesome organic vegetables, hence my perfect size 6 figure (I wear a slightly larger size just to make the fatties feel better about themselves) ;-)

Bar-Os has made an appearance. The picture is several years old and was taken when he was just 2 years old, but already bigger than his (step) Dad, who stands proudly beside him. I was told when I bought Bar-Os, that he would make a decent sized pony/cob - he is neither a pony, nor a cob, but a somewhat larger chap, who resembles a Clydesdale and who has a 14ft stable to accomodate his ample proportions. My dreams of elegantly vaulting onto him from the ground, have been replaced with the reality of a 2ft + high mounting block and a prayer each time I launch myself upwards and vaguely towards him, trying to land in the saddle at first attempt.

Thank goodness for Amazon, who yet again have come to my rescue with the Christmas shopping list. I've bought a cat cartoon book for BF, a couple of ornate wild bird feeder stands for relatives, the usual DVD's and books for others. There was only Bar-Man left to buy for, but he has suggested that we replace our old TV with a flat screen one in the New Year, instead of buying each other gifts. I'm all for making life easy, so that's sorted, but I did buy him a few blokey gadgets to open on Christmas Day.

Today, I was supposed to write out Christmas cards too, but somehow haven't found the inclination time.

MCT revision is painful and slow; youth sentencing is as much a mystery to me now as it was when I first glanced at the subject several months ago. I'm almost at the point of giving up on hearsay, it just hasn't clicked and I'm quite frankly sick of people shouting "In criminal proceedings a statement not made in oral evidence in the proceedings is admissible as evidence of any matter stated..." - I'm thick, not deaf thankyou, and continually shouting the same sentence isn't working ok!:-) I just can't tell the difference between hearsay and original evidence, so seeing as it's Christmas, balls to it. I shall find myself a Janet and John book to make myself feel big and clever again.

ttfn.

8 comments:

Swiss Tony said...

So Andropov works her magic again. Is it a plan to take over the blogsphere? Is world domination her intention?

I like the shoes. I have a pair like that. Bar O's looks just like Hercules on Steptoe and Son. Is he the same horse?

Don't worry about youth sentencing. It can only be one, maybe two questions in the MCT. Cut your losses and move on and leave it to the tried and tested method of giving it a wild guess.

I am doing that with it all.

Swizz

Barmaid said...

Swizz, I'm impressed, you can walk in those shoes. Wow, I'll bet you turn a few heads!

As for Bar-Os looking like Hercules, I guess if a wig n gown aint on the cards for me, rag n bone as good a way as any to earn a living.

Wild guessing, yup sounds good to me:-)

Michael said...

Andro's done a nice job with the re-design, though I agree, it was a touch cheeky of her to put the chocolates on there. :-)

Barmaid said...

In all fairness Michael, I may have, in passing, mentioned my liking for chocolate and it is a very good revision aid - sod the brain food, comfort food everytime for me I'm afraid:-)

Michael said...

hmmmmm....

:p

simply wondered said...

looks excellent - like all andro's clients' blogs.

Android said...

Thanks guys, I'm truly flattered :D

Bar-barella said...

I love the new look!
I feel your pain on the revision front.