Friday 15 January 2010

Last Minute Jitters

I have spent this week convincing myself that provider would cancel the MCT exam (due to the bad weather). However, it has not been cancelled and in but a few hours I have the unenviable task of facing a 3 hour exam, 80 multiple choice questions (79 guesses), followed by a review of my Opinion Writing mock. Oh and also a 2 hour advocacy class.

Mock Negotiation exam is on Sunday (in which I will have to negotiate with a 'proper' barrister, rather than a classmate), along with a review of my Drafting mock and another advocacy class.

Most importantly of all, I remembered to buy lots of sweeties to munch through during the MCT, so all I need to do now is remember which room to go to for the exam, my pencils, purse, I.D., oh and the small matter of hearsay, bad character, indictments, juries, youth sentencing, appeals, track allocation, part 36 payments, more appeals, enforcement of court orders, sanctions, disclosure, witness statements, depositions, privilege(s), more appeals, ADR...

I may be gone some time:-)

7 comments:

Swiss Tony said...

BM, hang on, don't forget you promised to pitch up at CofL and do my colouring in exam.

I hope you are not going to let me down at this late stage. I have sharpened all my bestest crayola bright colours, and polished my ruler and compass.

Hope you manage alright tomorrow and Sunday, but if the trains are buggered up don't be tempted to ride old Hercules into BPP. You will never fit him into the exam room.

Swizzle

ps Good luck

Barmaid said...

Swizz - well that's spoilt my plans, was rather hoping Hercules was gonna do the exam for me, as I'm sure he'd be better than me!

Hope your exams go well and crayons stand up to the job in hand.

simply wondered said...

enjoy! it will be fine.

Michael said...

Pre-exam nerves are very understandable BM, but with your undoubted talents, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! :-)

Barristergirl said...

BM,It's all over now! Hope you didn't tear your hair out. It will all be alright on the night. BG

Barmaid said...

What a weekend BG!!!! Would seem that our Drafting needs a little *cough* tweaking, and as for the Negotiation...

:-)

Barmaid said...

Thanks for the good wishes everyone:-)