Monday 18 January 2010

Oh!

What a weekend!

The MCT exam was exhausting, but unlike last year's MCT (when I was in the nursery class and was allowed to go home after the exam), I had to pick myself up and do classes in the afternoon. I'd love to tell you what the afternoon classes were about, but my memory fails me. Yes, I know it was only 2 days ago, but I'm tired and emotional.

I hope to have done ok in the Criminal Litigation part of the MCT, but the Civil was a struggle. The pass mark is 60% for each subject - results are out in a month or so. I may just be tempted to join the Foreign Legion, in order to avoid that horrible feeling when scrolling down the exam results lists in search of a miracle hope.

We had feedback for our Drafting and Opinion Writing mocks. 75% of students failed the Drafting! Not a good start to the exam season.

The Negotiation mock was awful. I will reveal more at a later date.

We have been given the papers for the Drafting and Opinion Writing exams, which are to be handed in next month. The Opinion looks ok(ish), but the Drafting - well, we shall see!There's a lot of work to do in the next 4 weeks, I just hope that I don't mess up.

I suppose I'm suffering that awful feeling of anti-climax today. I did so much revision for the 3 hour exam and yet there were still questions that were a complete mystery to me?

Bye for now:-)


5 comments:

Lost said...

Hearsay and Bad character are forever changing, sorry I couldn't send you the most up to date stuff that I had but its being made into a book, so I probably would have been sued. I still sometimes look at it and think WTF is this on about!!

I'm sure it went really well!!
60% pass mark! Am I right in thinking that its a bit high?

Anonymous said...

BM, you are certainly not the only person feeling the way you do after this weekend, especially the MCTs - I would estimate that at least 50% of students feel that way and the other 50% are lying! I for one feel like slapping myself around the face with a wet fish for being such a numpty.

Swiss Tony said...

Its at times like these that CofL shows itself to be the nicest provider, because its all soft and cuddly, and the only person ever slapped by a wet fish was when Graham threw a fish finger at Roger and it went in his Ribena.

Did Hercules wait patiently in the stables at BPP, or did you take him in with you?

Don't worry BM, as long as you passed you will never ever have to do it again. No more MCT's for you, lucky thing. And based on your complete cleverness and ability, you will be free of the MCT weight on your shoulders. (I have heard Hercules wishes he could get rid of the heavy weight on his shoulders too, but I aint saying nothing, right)

Swiss

Barmaid said...

Hi Lost - I have heard that when the BVC changes next year the MCT pass rate is to be 70%! As for the literature, no worries, I think that no matter what, hearsay and I will never be bosom buddies, but I'm growing to like bad character.

Anon - we have gotten this far - I think we should look at it as a character building thingy:-)
Jaw did drop a bit when I read the next lot of exam papers though!

Alas Swiss, much to my utter amazement, BPP were able to distinguish between me and Hercules (apparently I have a bigger bum), so he was ejected from exam room and went down the Pendrels Oak for a bevvy or 2 whilst I sat colouring in for 3 hours. I did exactly as you said with the numbers on the exam sheet and chose my favourite lottery numbers - birthdays, anniversaries etc., as you said, it's sure to be a fail safe system.

Bar-barella said...

Hearsay is horrible! I'm still trying to come to terms with it myself.

I reckon you did really well.
I'm still waiting for my mock results. Well, waiting would be stretching it!

I'm curious about negotiating mock as we never got them.

Barb
x