Friday 26 February 2010

Nice weather for ducks

The snow has melted and been replaced with rain, lots of it too. Roll on Spring, I'm cheesed off with the Winter now, it seems to have hung around since last July.

I have prepared my notes for the first Advanced Criminal Litigation class, which is all about first appearance in the Magistrates Court. There's a conference, a bail application and also plea before venue representations. Not entirely sure what it is all about, but no doubt once I've made an arse of myself in front of the class, the penny will drop.

Today I should be preparing for the Negotiation exam, but I cannot summon any enthusiasm whatsoever, so instead I've been faffing about doing other bits of homework. Apparently we have some Drafting work to do, which is to go into our Personal Development File, which we hand in sometime in April. I didn't realise that we had this other work to do, so hope to get something sorted before the next study weekend, as it looks to be a busy time from mid-March onwards.

Would like to push on with the remaining Options homework, but the lectures haven't appeared on Blackboard yet, so it looks as though there might be a last minute rush (again).

The MCT results came out yesterday and thankfully I didn't fail. Due to the delay in releasing results, I'd gotten myself into a bit of a panic, particularly with the Civil Litigation, which I thought was very difficult. The thought of doing a re-take made me feel quite sick, so I'm very relieved to have gotten through it.

Barman has been working away all week and came back home yesterday evening to a lovely, neat and tidy house. Today, said house is a tip:-) Bar-Os has been particularly sweet whilst Barman has been away, but that all changed this morning when Barman led him out to the paddock. At the halfway mark I took over the leading, as Bar-Os was determined to take a chunk out of hubby's arm. Must be a man thing going on there? Actually, I think it's a spoilt thing going on there!

Good luck to all at College of Law doing their MCT's this weekend.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you passed your MCT, BM. I know exactly what you mean about working yourself up into a state about civil, because I did the exact same thing. I seem to become more stressed with each and every exam, which is odd really, as I am quite old and have taken many exams before in my life!

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, the options lectures were up, then they were moved, then they were removed again. At least I managed to download the first three of one of my modules. Don't know what is going on there!

Barmaid said...

Hi Anon,

Hope you too faired ok in the MCT.

I too am old enough to know better, but got a severe dose of collywobbles:-)

Suppose it's because as we progress through BVC, each module becomes more important in maintaining or improving our overall grade.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, although it's probably best not to think of it that way! Fingers crossed for the remaining assessments! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Barmaid,

I really enjoy your blog and find it very similar to my own thoughts on life and the BVC. With everything you have to do, thanks for writing.

x n x

Barmaid said...

Hi Anon, glad you enjoy the blog. I do find it quite relaxing to exorcise my fears and frustrations via the blog.

I wish you the very best of luck with BVC and whatever lies in store afterwards:-)

simply wondered said...

don't waste your time on the pdf - it isn't marked. and then you just feel bitter when they give it back to you with a 'pass' on it. one student photocopied someone else's - and got caught - and guess what - they were fine. bpp in rigorous marking shock. save the energy and inspiration for the bits that will affect your grade.

Barmaid said...

sw - Let's just say that my pdf hasn't taken priority in all matters BVC. I will no doubt be scrambling around trying to find the feedback forms at the last minute. Seem to think that there is a reply to do and an amendment to a statement of case?

Have taken your advice and am working on the options stuff instead - my opinion shall be all of 3 pages and the drafting might just have to be courtesy of Atkins.

simply wondered said...

we were all sitting there on the fifth floor the day it was due trying to work out the instructions... we all passed. they aren't going to spoil their nice pass rates by failing someone on what is effectively an add-on. even if they copy, it seems!

Barmaid said...

I like the subtle use of 'fifth floor' - not in the BVC ONLY zone were you:-) ?

simply wondered said...

that was where i spent all my time at bpp. the only thing better than not having lpc students around (who i insist chatter more than bvcers!) was seeing them come up for their advocacy assessments looking like they were about to expire.
bvc snob... oh dear.