Wednesday 3 February 2010

Work in progress(ish)

I am still working on the BVC written exams and progress is painfully slow. I have chopped and changed my Opinion until it has lost what little flow it had in the first place. Today I intend to try and reach the finish of the first draft and will let it sit for a couple of days, before looking at it with a fresh set of eyes. Last night I read it out to Barman and was surprised that it sounded better than I thought, although it was repetitive in parts. The niggling feeling that I had about missing something obvious hasn't gone away and yesterday I spent a couple of hours perusing Chitty and Halsbury's to see if there was something that I'd forgotten - the search was futile, but the niggle remains.

The Drafting is on ice, as I came to a sticking point and decided to leave well alone for a few days before trying to work out where I'm going with my pleadings (nowhere fast probably:-)).

I dread the point at which I have to hand over my work and then the wait for weeks before discovering my mark. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

There are 4 other lots of homework to do - 2 lots of Advocacy prep and 2 lots of Negotiation plans. I will be lucky to finish the homework this month!

The options DVD lectures are handed out in February, I haven't heard whether or not I have been given the choices that I wanted. I also haven't had the MCT results yet, but I think that they are out in the next couple of weeks? Good time to join the Foreign Legion perhaps!

It was very frosty this morning and I had to take it steady with Bar-Os on the way to the paddock. He has got a little bored with the routine and stops dead at any given point, looks in the direction that he would prefer to go (he has a thing about gravel drives and always wants to walk up them and explore). This morning he decided that he wanted to have a walk around the snobby cul-de-sac and refused to move, standing on the spot staring into a little hankerchief garden and the kitchen window beyond. I pretended that I'd had to stop to faff about with something in my pocket. He has also developed a bum scratching fetish (a leftover from his skin condition) and turns his rather large backside around to be scratched. I haven't seen his face for weeks and it is only a matter of time, I fear, before I am hauled down to the police station to explain exactly why I always seem to have a horse's arse in my face:-)

Oh well, I can't delay it any longer, opinion writing here I come...

4 comments:

barboy said...

Reading out your opinion to Barman. The poor sod. Is he being punished for something ?

Barmaid said...

No BB, he's not being punished - he just has trouble sleeping - worked a trick:-)

Swiss Tony said...

Did I read that right that you have a face that looks like a horses arse, and you will be arrested for it?

I have spent the last 2 hours studying Blackstones, and I think I can get you off with something, but I can't find what it is. There must be a defence worth running with against a charge like that.

Glad to hear BPP have you working like a horse (how apt) as usual. CofL have given us a spelling list to learn and times tables for the next quiz, so its not too bad.

Doesn't Hercules the horse find it difficult to walk on gravel? It plays havoc with my stilettos.

Swizzle

Barmaid said...

Ayup Swizz,

It's all arses today - the opinion is all arse about face - I'm therefore feeling arsey about it and I fear that I am going to make an arse of myself.

Yes, I have a face like a horse's arse too:-)