Friday 12 February 2010

That's blown it!

It's too late now. Too late to notice that there is a coma missing in paragraph 14; too late to notice that I mixed up the names of the claimant and defendant at random points throughout the tome; too late to amend the inevitable typos littered generously throughout, which for some reason went un-noticed the 3 times that the script was proof read.

The Drafting and Opinion Writing assessments have been emailed with love, and a sloppy Valentine's e-card, to provider. Ok, I lied about the Valentine's bit, but they are sent, vanished, disappeared, gone, but not yet forgotten.

Now there is just the 2 month wait before I know whether I'm quite as thick as my nearest and dearest think I am:-)

On a less obsessive note, tomorrow sees the last of the Negotiation and Advocacy classes, before the exams next month. In an ideal world I would have liked to have spent a great deal more time on the Advocacy prep, but the written exams took centre stage this month, so I've only had a couple of hours to cobble together a few notes and a trial plan. As for the Negotiation, well, it has always been my least favourite subject and after last month's fiasco, it is now on par with cleaning the oven.

I pick up my options stuff this weekend. I actually have no idea what the said 'stuff' is, and no idea what each option entails. Apparently it's a big secret, well either that, or provider can't be bothered to explain. There was a brief explanation on Blackboard, but not enough to make an informed decision. I guess it all adds to the excitement.

It only dawned on me today that there aren't any more classes with my 'big' group. I shall miss them. Not sure which one's are doing the same options as me, we were all a bit confused about them last month.

So, it is now time for the final slog towards the finish line. It's too early to tell how I shall fair with the grade fairy. In my heart of hearts I shall be gutted if I get a 'C'. I suppose that sounds quite arrogant, but I have worked really hard for this and would like to do well.

The biggest worry is the 'Marmite Effect', as regards the oral skills. Some tutors like my style, some definitely don't, so it's with the toss of a coin as to how I shall do in the 3 remaining compulsory oral skills exams.

Time now to get my papers together for the 'trial' tomorrow morning. 'Can you tell the Court your full name please...'

4 comments:

simply wondered said...

if it needs saying, good luck and enjoy!

Barmaid said...

Thanks SW

Swiss Tony said...

BM, having seen the copy of your opinion which is on youtube, I think there are some flaws in it.

Opineyun is not the right spelling, and calling Instructing Solicitor m8 is probably a mark or two lost. Textspeak is unlikely to help

If you do go onto youtube to see one of your lecturers reading it out, try and ignore the laughing and the bits where she can't catch her breath from laughing too much.

Its a good sterling effort, and I am sure it will get a tick. At the very least.

At CofL, I did mine in crayon, drew a horse (It was Hercules actually) and coloured in a bus too, just to add a splash of colour to it. I know I am on a winner with mine, but wish you had asked me to check yours before submitting it.

Swizzie

Barmaid said...

Bugger, I was hoping that if I failed to get a pupillage, I'd go and work for one of those law essay companies and do opineyuns for them that don't write proper like.

Back to the drawing board then Swizz? Did you say that you were thinking of offering franchises for the shoe shine business? I promise not to frighten the punters again by wearing a low top:-)