Thursday 19 June 2008

RCJ and my Inn

Decided to have a day in London yesterday. First stop was my BVC provider to drop off some registration paperwork. Next on the agenda was my first visit to my Inn. Don't know what I expected, but perhaps I will grow to love the place in time!

Took myself off to the the Royal Courts of Justice - what a lovely place, with a fab atmosphere. Sat in the little cafe watching the lawyers going about their business, all looking elegant and relaxed. One elderly barrister had a young pupil with him and was talking to her in such a kindly way, taking time to carefully ask her opinion on this and that. Oh, how I hope that I get someone just as nice if and when I get pupillage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold that thought, Maid, Hold that thought!!! :)

S.H said...

Hi, Barmaid :D

I was wondering whether the RCoJ allow public visitors?

Brilliant Blog btw, still have a year to get through lol

Legally Screwed

Barmaid said...

Hello LS,

Yes, visitors are welcome at the Royal Courts of Justice. There's a museum and a cafe and the daily causes list is just inside the front entrance, so you can see if there are any cases you fancy watching.

Some of the hearings are held in private, so it's best to check (the court room door will have an 'in camera' sign up if it's a private one).