Monday 29 September 2008

Are we nearly there yet?

Just as I thought I'd well and truly gotten top side(ish) of the BVC homework, I took a little glance at the Opinions paper and realised (with dismay I might add), that there wasn't one opinion to do, but two! So today I now have to write a short opinion on the merits of a consumer, contractual dispute. Could life get any better bloggers?


I am lucky, in that being self employed, I can juggle the work load a bit and it was my intention to cut down my hours for the duration of BVC anyway, but I can only assume that if I am struggling with the sheer quantity of homework dished out, others who have less flexibility in their working lives, must be really pushed to the limit. I'm not particularly happy with my standard of work either, it's just a matter of chucking something down on paper and moving swiftly onto the next module, without a chance to go back over the work. And as for money, well I'm well and truly broke, perhaps I'll change my name to Mrs Bingley Brassic Bank and write to the government, they may nationalise me and bail me out of my impecuniosity.

Comparing notes, it appears that students at other providers are having a lighter time of things and only time will tell whether this is a good or a bad thing?

On a more positive note, I am finding the course much more interesting than LLB, the work we have to do has more realism to it, but I am rather ashamed of my homework and feel very relieved that it won't form part of my assessments.

Barman dutifully fulfilled the role of a lady (or rather laydeee) Magistrate at the weekend and patiently listened to my plea in mitigation. He only looked at his watch twice during the 8 minute oration and gave a sympathetic smile at the end. "So" I said, "would you send her down?". Barman looked quite surprised at this question and said "For that?, no, it wasn't really her fault was it?"

There's hope for me yet bloggers.


2 comments:

Android said...

I seriously can't imagine combiming BVC with a job! I don't know how you guys do it :)

Barmaid said...

Well, I'd heard that the BVC at my provider was front loaded, but there is a serious amount of work to plough through and I think that most people are finding it quite a struggle to juggle work and study.

It seems that we are doing the same amount of paper based work as full-timers, but the only difference is that our assessments are mostly in the second year, I think we only have about 3 or 4 in the first year.