Saturday 20 September 2008

The F word

Flapdoodle - n - foolish talk, nonsense


I like that word. I've got an Advocacy speech to prepare for BVC and just hope that I don't flapdoodle too much.


Speaking of 'f' words, my provider is definately trying to effing well finish me off. A quick count up of this months reading equates to circa 1000 pages and that's for a humble part-timer, who's also got to work for a living.


At the moment I'm working through the homework for Criminal Litigation and although it's not especially difficult (at this early stage), there is just so much of it to wade through. I've read through a good proportion of PACE 1984 and most of the Bail Act 1976. Tomorrow I will make a start on Evidence and imagine that things will start to get a little more difficult. In all, there are 37 questions to tackle in the Criminal Litigation homework, I'm about half way through them, but have had to leave off because my brain was full up.


Unlike LLB, which could be unbelievably boring at times, much of what I've studied so far is really quite interesting, if only there wasn't quite so much of it. I've already completed the Civil Litigation homework and part of the Legal Research (which needs much more attention), but I've got to finish off Criminal Litigation and then move onto Writing Skills sometime next week, but before I do, a day or two studying remedies is required. There is a short Opinion to prepare, which I haven't a clue about at the moment, but nevertheless, it looks to be quite interesting, but will be a bit of a challenge, not least because my legal research skills will be called upon. Last but not least, I also need to prepare for the Advocacy, plea in mitigation and I haven't even looked at the SGS notes for it yet! I have left the pim until last because it looks quite straight forward and will be a bit of a 'treat' compared to some of the heavier modules mentioned above.





No comments: