Wednesday 10 September 2008

Grumpy

I am drowning in a sea of study materials, the house is a tip, I had pizza for dinner yesterday and the remainder of it warmed up for lunch today, my hair needs washing, I've got a spot on my chin and I'm sullen and rude to all who know me. Bloggers, I'm nothing short of a born again student.



Today I did a short legal research study exercise, which took all morning and made me grumpy. This afternoon I decided to make a start on opinion writing, but soon gave that one up when it transpired that my knowledge of remedies is inadequate to say the least. I'm awaiting advocacy materials, so can't start on that little beauty just yet, so I've decided to make a start on civil litigation and have spent several hours reading The White Book, but could write what I've comprehended on the back of a fag packet. So now I'm even more grumpy and for some reason I've been told to read 3 chapters of a book that is banging on about what solicitors do and appears to have no relevance at all to the subject in hand. It also transpires that I'm a book short, probably some poor homeless chap got rendered unconcious by it flying out of my bag as I sped past him to catch my train home from boot camp (BVC induction).


To say that BVC is front loaded is a bit of an understatement, BVC is front loaded to Dolly Parton proportions.

p.s. Did I mention that I'm grumpy?

7 comments:

barboy said...

BM, hell, woman, if you have the time to eat cold pizza, you're obviously not spending enough time studying. I suggest you get your act together before it's too late.

According to the course small print, part time means only 23 out of the 24 hours in a day. The remaining one hour is allocated to min-pupillages, pro bono and sending cheques to the course provider.

Swiss Tony said...

BarMaid, no wonder your grumpy eating pizza, AND realising that you went to the wrong school.

We get to play in the sand pit and stuff at mine. we are doing finger painting tomorrow

Cheer up, its only two years!

Swizz

ps Security word is 'Grumpy'
pps Where is your word of the day? Or is it G - grumpy?

Barmaid said...

Two years, bloody hell, I thought it said we had to have two ears, so I've got to go back there again?

Anonymous said...

Eating?! Sleeping?! Good GRIEF, if ANY of you indulging yourselves in such frankly RIDICULOUSLY Hedonistic activtites as these then by JINGO how on EARTH to you EVer expect to become Counsel learned in the Law?
(PS: the White Book tastes quite nice if you smother volume two with worcester sauce or some other such spicy condiment......)

Barmaid said...

I was planning on scooping out the pages of CPR volume two and replacing with a bottle of something alcoholic, nice little treat for those boring civil litigation lectures.

Anonymous said...

Good Idea Maid -would this be gin or vodka in a water bottle, just to keep those pesky tutors at bay?!

Barmaid said...

Yes :-)