Thursday 12 February 2009

Ground Hog Day

Not sure whether it's an age thing or just that my brain is getting a bit full, but I'm 'revising' for the forthcoming MCT exam at the end of the month and it's like reading things for the first time. I know I must have covered the topics in the past, because they are my notes, but they just don't ring a bell. I've also lost some important notes on injunctions, I saw them a few days ago and remember putting them 'somewhere safe', but nope, I can't remember where 'somewhere safe' is. No doubt when I do find 'somewhere safe' it will be a pretty enormous room full of pens and odd socks and a roll of sellotape and my eyebrow tweezers and that dodgy looking Christmas decoration I bought in a January sale in 2003 and 11 pairs of scissors and 3 hammers and a pack of second class stamps, ooh and last but not least, that little bit of missing grey matter that contains all the civil and criminal litigation rules.

Oh well, at least my memory is not quite as bad as Barman's. He rang me a couple of weeks ago and said "You know I said I was going to visit somewhere today". "Yes" said I. "Where was I going to visit" said he. "The Imperial War Museum" said I. "Oh yes", said Barman, "Can you remember where I said it was" he concluded. So, apart from forgetting where he was going and where it was, everything was going completely to plan:-) Perhaps I should buy him one of those dog tag things just in case, or perhaps I already have bought one and it's 'somewhere safe'?

3 comments:

Lost said...

ah yes the illusive land of "somewhere safe" I put my glasses there last night after a night at the SU and haven't seen them since!

Anonymous said...

The 'Somehwere Safe' Zone may be located somewhere between The Bermuda Triangle and the Lost City of Atlantis; it is a Zone positively stuffed to the RAFTERS with all SORTS of useful legal bits and bobs - Absolutely KILLER Closing Speeches,Irresistible Pleas in Mitigation, truly Watertight Interim Applications and the Golden Key to Effective Cross Examination. Unfortunately, directions to this NIRVANA exist only in dreams which, in waking life, teeter permenently on the edge of memory.... *sigh* I am quite sure I've left LOADS of stuff there!

Barmaid said...

Yes loads of good stuff in 'somewhere safe'. There must also be several hundred Valentines Day cards in there too, because the postman walked right past my house this morning:-)