Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Portal

I'm not exactly brimming over with enthusiasm at the prospect of pupillage applications, but I have made a start and filled in the first few bits of the PP form. Maybe this evening I'll have another stab at it and fill in a bit more. How ridiculous I feel, having submitted countless essays during LLB, many Opinions and other odds and sods during BVC, I still find myself at a loss for words when it comes to writing about myself. The less is more ethos with regard to PP applications is a blessing!

As yet, I haven't made a proper start on the Options homework, but intend to make some progress this week. ASBO's and Road Traffic Offences are this months topics for Advanced Criminal Litigation. There is still another 3 weeks or so to wait for the 5 exam results for Negotiation, Advocacy 2 & 3, Opinion Writing and Drafting and as always, the results are playing on my mind.

The BVC tidying up process continues and I have a couple of supervised court visits to complete. I did the other 2 unsupervised court visits fairly early on in the course, but somehow couldn't find time to do the supervised visits. I have also to sort out the feedback forms from my oral skills classes and copy them for inclusion in my Personal Development File, which has to be handed in at the next study weekend. There are some bits of Drafting to go in there too and a report on my pro bono work, along with mini write-ups on the 4 court visits undertaken.

Although I shall miss the study weekends and the friends that I have made during BVC, I can't wait to finish BVC and catch up on all the things that have been neglected for the past 2 years. The house needs some tlc and my day job has been neglected too, so I have plenty of tasks lined up for June and a mini pupillage to undertake too. I also hope to do some marshalling, which should have taken place last Christmas, but my Inn let me down.

So the gentle trot to the finishing line is more like a mad scramble, but that's BVC for you:-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey maid

Its sounds more like a battlefield!

katie

Swiss Tony said...

BM, you forgot to add to your workload explaining everything on the course to Swiss three times and having to do drawings to try and help, and doing all of his homework, as well as standing in for some assessments.

If you can just keep it up for a little longer, you will get that pat on the back he promised.

ARRRGGGHHHH, what does Swiss have to do to get anonymous Katie commenting on his blog? She is everywhere but over at Swiss's.

Barmaid said...

Hi katie - nah, it's just me feeling sorry for myself. And for goodness sake take a trip over to Swiss Tony's blog, he's becoming a menace around here looking for you:-)

Swizz - to be fair, I've only had to tell you things twice recently, so don't be so harsh on yourself. Tell you what, I still reckon you went a bit overboard with the aftershave, it's making me cough from here!