Wednesday 3 June 2009

Olpasiformia Nervosa


It seems that I have had a sudden relapse of the Olpasiformia Nervosa that struck me down a few weeks back.



Everything was fine until last week when I discovered that I had to log onto PP to check my applications progress (I know, I too worry about how thick I am at times). I'd assumed that we received an email to our regular email address.



So the most vicious side effect of Olpasiformia Nervosa has emerged, the OCD. Yes I know it's unhealthy to keep checking the Portal, but I can't help it, I'm strangely drawn to it, like a moth to a flame.



To date I have received three rejections and one request for references from a non-OLPAS application. I think I'd prefer to receive the news all in one go, at least then I could have a 5 minute swearathon, blame it all on Gordon Brown and resume business as usual.



Anyways, I must dash, I've got to go and water my plants, well ok, I admit it then, I'm off to check the Portal, just in case...










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know its not quite a comment to this post, but I am trying to get the word out to any students who have applications in olpas, and feeling the pain of not knowing.

http://www.legalgirl.co.uk/node/53

is a tool that is collecting all the data from as many students as possible, and displaying it back as a list of chambers and how many replies they have given out ( reject, intervie or no contact )

Please tell as many other students as possible, the more that use it, the better the data

Anonymous said...

BM

Do not fear - everyone gets rejections. They are not the right set for you.

And you are not being thick as you are supposed to get am email from the portal, it is the ARSSSSSEHOLE at GTI who farmed out the developemtent and testing to some good for nothing sweat shop in bangalore that is stupid, as he didnt know the result would be an untested piece of cr*p.

Swiss Tony said...

Barmaid, Is there an opposite disease to the one you have? I can't bear to look at the damned thing, so have only done it once, and that was peeking through tightly shut eyes. I didn't see anything. I know I should try again and look, but its horrible and scary.

Legally Ginge, the query some people have about the gender of a blogger has me confused. I always thought you were a lady until I read that little outburst!

Swizz

Barmaid said...

Swizz - Olpasiphobia my dear chap. A common ailment. Have you tried hiding behind the sofa and attempting to view the screen from afar, sometimes works?

LG - If there is one thing that I can conclusively say about BVC, it gives everyone a very good grounding at cussing. I'm brilliant at it now, I've a mouth like a sewer goddess:-)

Minx said...

OCD is, I'm afraid a truly unfortunate squelae to Olpasiformia Nervosa and will only be resolved by the end of August; there is no cure, I'm afraid - it just has to run its course!

The portal is, for want of a better word, unmitigated SH*TE; I am completely with Ginge on this one! At least LAST year you'd get an email telling you to check your status vis a vis a particular chambers; THIS year you have to go along at frequent intervals to see if you have been rejected behind your back - as happened to poor Andro, yesterday! The system has gone to hell in a handcart!!!

Swiss!!!! I have MISSED you - tried to email you but it bounced back to me! Are You OK?

Anonymous said...

Swizz

I am a Laydee (of sorts) but my IT background leaves me somewhat vitrolic on the subject of the systematic destruction of the software industry in this country, largley due to the actions of a Mr T Blair esq and his plastic bagger and heir, Gordon Brown-noser, who felt outsourcing was a positive thing for this country. Olpas is a stonking example of many of the things that can be done wrong, and it aggreives me that it can be so.