Thursday 7 May 2009

Y is for Yokel


Yokel -n (disparaging) - a person who lives in the country, esp. one who appears simple and old fashioned.



What can I say, guilty as charged:-)

Today I should be putting the finishing touches to my skeleton argument, today I have done nothing of any use so far and having taken a look at the skellie, it's not so much a matter of finishing touches, but a complete overhaul that is required. Oh well, I guess somewhere along the line I'll get the hang of them.

4 comments:

The Curious Black Cat said...

I love that word! Good luck with the 'skellie'!

Barmaid said...

Hi CBC,

Skellie a nightmare, seems I am a yokel through and through:-)

Minx said...

Y'see, Maid, this is another reason for forming a chocolate eating club - we are BOTH Yokels!!
I didnt know that La Grande Marque in Middle Temple Lane ( a quite nice place to meet and have a drink in my mind) had gone bust! I have all the city wit charm and sophistication of a plank of WOOD!

barboy said...

BM, I thought the defintion of a yokel included having a humungously fat arse, or did you elect for yours as an optional extra !?